JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USB game controllers no longer working with my phone.

(Topic created: 10-07-2020 03:41 AM)
userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have been using an Xbox Box Controller via a USB controller with a type B to type C adapter on my S20 ultra and it was working great. Today it has just stopped working. I have tried resetting my phone, using different controllers, using different USB leads all do not work. I have tried using a mouse by usb and that works fine, as well as usb C headphones. So not an issue with my usb port. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
After doing some digging around, it appears the issue is with Android 11 and accessibility in settings. After turning off Auto Click in accessibility, I was able to use my Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S controller with the Xbox Game Pass app.

Note: I have Auto Click in accessibility because I have an app called Auto Clicker installed.

Instructions: Go to Settings, select Accessibility, and select Installed services. Turn off whatever you have on to see if it'll fix the issue.

View solution in context

7 Replies
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you using One UI 3.0 beta #2 ? This is what my phone has and the none of the Xbox One games I am playing through the Xbox Game Pass app and the Xbox beta app can be controlled with the Xbox One controller's analog sticks or D-Pad.
userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Sorry forgot about my post. In my case it just started working again 2 days later. No idea why. I always update to the last version of Android. I am using an Xbox one controller for Xbox game pass streaming and stadia with no issues now since.

0 Likes
FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

seems to be a spread of controller issues since Android 11 update.

userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It just started working again 2 days later. No idea why. Has been working perfectly ever since. Great for Xbox game pass streaming, Stadia and Geforce Now.

0 Likes
FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Sadly that is not the case for my PS4 controller. I try it ever couple days and still nothing. One day I hope it will work again.
userBhzabu78H1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok sorry to hear that on your PS 4 controller... Hopefully it resolves itself soon. If I see any fixes I will let you know.

0 Likes
Solution
xstahsie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
After doing some digging around, it appears the issue is with Android 11 and accessibility in settings. After turning off Auto Click in accessibility, I was able to use my Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S controller with the Xbox Game Pass app.

Note: I have Auto Click in accessibility because I have an app called Auto Clicker installed.

Instructions: Go to Settings, select Accessibility, and select Installed services. Turn off whatever you have on to see if it'll fix the issue.