Original topic:

USSD codes Samsung S20 plus

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 06:54 AM)
eduardfilippov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Why won't my Samsung S20 plus do USSD codes?

If I send a simple code like *102# Enter to check phone balance, I get a response.

If I submit a code that is meant to be an interactive (enter 1 for something, 2 for something else, etc.) then the splash screen "Execute USSD code" spins and after a few minutes the message "Try again".

The cell company says that the problem is in my phone, they send a response to my USSD requests.
If I insert a SIM card into another phone, then all USSD codes are executed correctly.

Any thoughts on this, how can this be fixed?

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Android is a highly customizable and developer-friendly OS. To facilitate system diagnosis and test, it supports a range of hidden codes. While many of these codes work on all devices, some Android skins have their own set of secret codes. However, you must keep in mind that the Samsung codes differ from device to device. Also, the code that works on one software version might not work on the other.

I recommend making sure your device is fully up to date and doing a google search on different codes, as the ones you are using could have possibly changed.

0 Likes
eduardfilippov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your reply,

I did a hard reset of the phone to factory settings, it did not work.

Probably I didn't formulate the question correctly. Most of the USDD codes for Android work correctly, but I meant USDD requests to the cellular operator. All simple requests to the provider work correctly, for example, check my account returns the status of the account. If the request is more complex, for example, I want to change the language of messages, I should receive a message in response: Send  1 - for one language, 2 - for another, etc., I don't get a response. If I insert my SIM card into my other phone (iPhone) then everything works correctly.

I think this may be due to security settings, that block interactive USSD responses from the provider. Probably I need to know how USSD requests are processed in Android.

0 Likes
K87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
What are ussd codes? I have a s10e
0 Likes