cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Ulocked S20 Ultra, WiFi Calling, AT&T

Hello all!  I just received my S20 Ultra.  I can confirm that WiFi calling is not listed on the phone connection options.  I put my SD card in from my S10+ just to see if that would change anything, and unfortunately it didn't.  I prefer not go to to an AT&T device due to bloatware.  However, WiFi calling is a big deal for me, since at my place of work, reception is non existant.

I was really hoping from the articles I've read that this option was going to be a go.  

Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Ulocked S20 Ultra, WiFi Calling, AT&T

Unfortunately, this has always been the case with AT&T and unlocked phones.

Highlighted
Nebula

I think its not available for unlocked phones.

Why is WiFi Calling blocked on unlocked phones? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got off the with Samsung chat, because I never received my credit from them.  They said WiFi calling will not be available on the unlocked phones.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah thats unfortunate its not available on unlocked phones. I am forced to purchase an ATT version to have wi-fi calling but i prefer the unlocked version because i travel alot internationally.  

How are unlocked iphones able to have wifi calling with carriers and not Samsung?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@scavokRS3 According to some source AT&T is working on getting Wifi-calling on unlocked devices by end of this year so means by next year it may have wifi calling but for now S20 unlocked has VoLTE on at&t and you may have to flash the rom to at&t to have wifi calling.

Highlighted
Galaxy

What about carrier services?

Highlighted
Constellation

Had a call with advanced tech support from ATT and Samsung tech support, they both confirmed unlocked devices doesn't have wifi calling feature. I've Verizon Google pixel 3, when I pop in my ATT sim card I get the wifi calling. Is it really ATT network blocking or the software from Samsung?

Constellation

Wi-fi calling does work on unlocked s20 devices, just not on att.  Take a sim from just about any other carrier and wi-fi calling works fine.  If you want Wifi calling you need to by the att version of the phone or go to a different carrier.

As far as I know, the only unlocked phone they allow wifi calling on is iphone.