cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Unable to open "Android Auto" from recent upgrade to Samsung S20 Ultra

I recently upgraded my S8 to S20 Ultra and so disappointed that I can't open android auto thru a USB wire in my car but I can manage everything thru Bluetooth functions. I checked the setting in S20 ultra and it shows android auto exist I also reset my new phone twice to factory setting but it didn't do a darn thing! Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Cosmic Ray

Re: Unable to open "Android Auto" from recent upgrade to Samsung S20 Ultra

@user3pZQoLBw0P wrote:

I recently upgraded my S8 to S20 Ultra and so disappointed that I can't open android auto thru a USB wire in my car but I can manage everything thru Bluetooth functions. I checked the setting in S20 ultra and it shows android auto exist I also reset my new phone twice to factory setting but it didn't do a darn thing! Please help!

I can get into android auto on my Ultra but when i try to use waze or google maps it can't seem to get a gps signal.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got off the phone with Samsung. The technician acknowledged that there is a proplem with their software connecting the S20 with android auto and they are working on a fix. I wish I hadn't spent an hour on the phone with the previous technician, an hour on the phone with the head unit manufacturer and ordered a new phone thinking I had a defective one. They shouldn't have released the phone without it working properly. They can add this fix to the issues with the phone's camera auto focus also. It doesn't matter how good the hardware is if the software can't control it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here.  Waze seems to work sporadically, where google maps never works.  I have the S20 +.  From what I have read it may be an issue with Android 10.  My old S8 did the same thing for a while before an update was released that fixed it.  I figured a brand new phone wouldn't have the issue but guess I was wrong. Haha.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user3pZQoLBw0P I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Carrier:

Full model number:

IMEI:

Do you still have the device:

Phone number:

Car model & Year:
Do you have a Android Auto Kit installed on your device:
Does this happen when you connect wired, wirelessly, or both?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.