cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Unable to send/receive texts in S20+

Brand new Galaxy S20+ purchased in March 2020.  Can not send or receive texts. Spent 2 days with VERIZON customer service--no solution.  Used Message+ and Messages app. Both same--no text sent or received.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Unable to send/receive texts in S20+

Good afternoon , I know the pain of not been able to not been able to receive or send text messages. The device prior to your S20, was it an android or an Apple device?

Product Expert

Hello,

If in fact you were using an IPhone prior. You would need to login to your iCloud account and turn off iMessage. If you were using android and having this issues may be you may want to make sure your is backed up to a memory card using Samsung smart switch and doing a factory reset to see if that helps but first you can also try the google messenger app to see if that works. That will rule out if it's network related or software. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for responding.

The phone is an Android S20+ purchased on 3/12/20.  After several days of discussions with Verizon Level 1 and Level 2 support, I finally contacted a VP of Consumer Products at Verizon who assigned my issue to someone on his team that was able to help me.  He said that Verizon had a problem with their text messaging server.  In order to fix it, on 3/20/20 Verizon did a "roll back" to a previous network system backup version before the problem started. Unfortunately that version was prior to 3/16, the date my phone was activated.  This fixed it for Verizon users that were in the network prior to that backup version date, but not for any new devices added after that backup version.  Because of my date of purchase, my new phone was not included in the fix and it just fell between the cracks.  During a conversation with the Verizon technician on 3/23/20 he reset something on his end and then I had to restart my phone.  Suddenly all my "Lost" text messages began popping up onto my phone so apparently they were not lost.

Anyone purchasing from Verizon during this time and having trouble with texting, I suggest contacting Verizon and insist that the above steps be taken.

If Level 1 & Level 2 support has no information about this rollback event, then search the web for the email of the VP of Consumer Products at Verizon (It's on their Annual Reports), but  give Customer Support a chance to help you first.  They are great folks, just not as informed as they should have been on this particular issue at the time I initially contacted them.