Original topic:

Unable to verify Google number to use with RCS services on S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 3/1/21 1:06 PM)
Boogie1991
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello ladies & Gen. Okay, I have a really big problem that I need help with. The problem starts the RCS/Chat Features. Now I'm very knowledgeable on these services but not enough with what is going on & I just don't understand it. Okay, so I have two phone. S20 Ultra with T-Mobile & S21 Ultra with Verizon. Both Unlocked purchased from Samsung. Now, everything is fine with my newer phone ( S21 Ultra ) but the issue lies with the S20 Ultra. So obviously the s20 is my older phone and I have been using it since the phone was released I've had T-Mobile on it since I've got the phone. My RCS services and chat features were working completely fine. I have went through the whole process of downloading Google phones Google messages and Carrier services. I did star pound star pound 467 poundstar pound start and everything worked fine for months now out of nowhere my chat feature is completely not working. I have no idea why and I went through the entire process of reinstalling all the apps and restarting the process again. I went into my apps I cleared the cash and for stopped each app. *#*#467#*#* no longer works on Google phone when you put those numbers in it stays on the phone and it doesn't open up the RCs configuration no page opens up like you used to anymore and when I go to my Google messages it sits on verifying number for days and weeks. Even on my S21 Ultra I can no longer use Samsung messages with chat features I have to use Google messages in order to use the chat features. I was wondering if anybody is going through the same issues that I have gone through and if there is anybody that knows a way around it and who has fixed the issue if there is someone please contact me because I have so many group chats in my chat features with 30 plus colleagues from work cuz I am a graphic designer in New York City and I am no longer able to use my T-Mobile phone with a separate number for work I have to use my personal phone now for work so if there is anybody out there that is going through the same exact problems and issues that I'm going through and who has learned how to fix it can you please write me back and let me know how you did it I was on the phone for two and a half three hours with both companies on the phone at the same time both talking to each other Samsung and T-Mobile trying to figure it out and neither can figure it out if someone knows what's going on and how to fix this please contact me I can even give you my personal number thank you 

0 Likes
2 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

I had bought my S10+ through AT&T and Google messages worked fine on it with RCS. Now I upgraded to the S21 Ultra but bought it unlocked straight from Samsung and RCS on Google messages didn't work at first. Did some digging and found out that AT&T had restricted that feature on unlocked phones, because they want you to buy the phone directly from them. 
I was able to find the latest AT&T firmware for the S21 Ultra and flashed that onto my phone. First  week or so, I still couldn't get RCS to get connected, kept saying verifying number and nothing happened. So I kind of gave up on it for now. Then couple of days ago I just wanted to try one more time, and look at that, out of nowhere, I got the number verified and am now connected on Google messages. I now get delivered/read receipts on both my S10+ and S21 Ultra.

Matt122380
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Check the description here. Google dialer stopped working after One ui 3.0. I haven't tried it yet but will after work. 

https://youtu.be/HNmUxDkDshk

If your carrier network supports RCS (Rich Communication Services) but the RCS feature is not enabled on your galaxy smartphone, this video will guide you h...
0 Likes