cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unlocked S20 on AT&T network- wifi calling

Does anyone know if the S20 unlocked version will have wifi calling on ATT network?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Unlocked S20 on AT&T network- wifi calling

I don't think so, none of the previous models did. I have an unlocked Note 10+ on AT&T and there is no wi-fi calling.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

Article in PCMAG: https://www.pcmag.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-is-americas-first-unlocked-all-carrier-5g-phone

"I've also heard that the unlocked unit will support voice-over-LTE and Wi-Fi calling on all carriers. AT&T, especially, tends to be testy about allowing those features on unlocked phones, citing software compatibilities. But the carrier says you should be good to go with this one."

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Cool, I guess I will test it when I get mine. Just to be clear, Note10 and S10 technically support it too, but it is AT&T that choose not to allow it. No idea why.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Well the Carrier (ATT) Lied .  They told me that it was a feature shut off and not supported by them because of the phones (newness) Mine is unlocked too i'd like to know if the company phones have it.  Meanwhile (during the virus ) I'm gonna have to make calls from my Garage since I live in a faraday cage for a house. They say it could come on  anytime,  but i've only got 29 days to return this phone.  I guess I can go to TMOBILE

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@UserinaCAVE If you can't wait you can flash the rom to AT&T to have wifi calling on.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userceCMC3weqT I was able to test this out at the unpacked VoLTE did work on AT&T for unlocked, however, I didnt see wifi calling option but since it is VoLTE certified on at&t you can flash AT&T firmware and wifi calling should work!20200223_233305.jpg

Highlighted
Comet

Yeah, I went with the AT&T model cause I didn't want to lose any of the carrier features.

Highlighted
Astronaut

The first 24hrs with my S20 Ultra and I can confirm Wifi Calling doesn't even show up. I have a case open with AT&T to hopefully resolve the issue, but more than likely I will need to exchange the phone. The Samsung chat and phone support say that AT&T is blocking.

Highlighted
Asteroid

same thing with mine. i had it in my iphoneX before switching. i have s20 ultra now. 

also, the visual voicemail is not working.