cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Unlocked S20 on Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anybody have a S10 or S20 series on Verizon I wonder if you can answer a couple questions for me?
I would like to confirm if or not bot Mobile Hotspot and MMS message work properly.
and any other quirks and besides the benefits of no belote ware, I'm planning on getting a S20+ but the Verizon version is $300 more than unlocked and I don't need or want Wi-Fi calling.
Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Unlocked S20 on Verizon

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the unlocked U1 model is certified to work on Verizon so MMS and Mobile hotspot should work but you may have to have hotspot plan to make this to work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the s10 unlocked liked it. Now I'm upgrading to the s20plus unlocked. I always by unlocked. They seem to have less bloatware if ya dont want wifi calling. Turn it off. I use it. I get the Verizon prepaid plan on mine.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I always heard that Wi-Fi calling would not work, Great if it does. Have you tried the hotspot or MMs this is what I really need to know.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've always had unlocked but went with verizon this time.

But yes,  MMS works and so does my hotspot

I dont use the native sms MMS, I use Signal but yeah MMS hotspot and visual voice mail have always worked for me

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks now that you are using a Verizon Branded phone have you found anything you wish you had on your unlocked phone?

Would you go back to unlocked?

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Xrstoy1 wrote:

Thanks now that you are using a Verizon Branded phone have you found anything you wish you had on your unlocked phone?

Would you go back to unlocked?

I haven't gotten my Verizon branded S20 Ultra yet but I do know what to expect.  My wife always gets branded Notes and to me honestly the worst part about them is the blinding white splash screen. It's the worst

As far as the bloatwear, if you're not comfortable using adb to remove them, disabling and hiding them is sufficient for me

Would I go back to unlocked?  Yes and I will in September when I get the Note20 Ultra!

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is the verizon version 300 more?  You mean purchasing it thru Verizon was 300 more?  Why not get it thru shopsamsung?  I used my upgrade on verizon but went thru samsung

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Because Samsung is only giving $310 Verizon is giving the $290 ONLY if you go thru Verizon Finance. I'm going with the Unlocked version I will get $600 trade and no Blote ware

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the unlocked U1 model is certified to work on Verizon so MMS and Mobile hotspot should work but you may have to have hotspot plan to make this to work.

View solution in original post