cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G Network Problems

Hello, 

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G from Verizon and supposably the phone is now unlocked. However, I insert a T-Mobile or At&T sim card and my phone does not connect to 5G nor I have the setting under the mobile networks. All I have in these settings is (GLOBAL - LTE/CDMA - LTE/GSM/UMTS, and I do not see an option to select 5G. I literally drove to a 5G market to test out the capabilities and my phone would not change to 5G. I even tried the APN settings the carriers gave me and that did not make a difference. Also, supposably when a new samsung galaxy s phone is unlocked you have capability to rebrand itself when another carrier sim is inserted. I do not have that option at all. Can someone please help me out this is frustrating. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G Network Problems

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier, to verify the compatibility of features with your unlocked device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G Network Problems

Have you figured out a way? I have the same problem. The reply of the moderator here is pretty much vague. Unlocked S20 variants are supposed to be 5g compatible in all carriers