cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Update One UI 2.1 - Always On Display not working and Fingerprint scan issue

I updated my s20+ and the Always on display is not working and I know the procedures on how to turn it on and customized etc.... but whenever I turn it on in the settings then when I lock my phone it won"t work and when I check in the settings it's turned off again....it keeps on turning off by itself  I've already tried a lot of possible ways on how to fix it but still it won't work like permanently, but sometimes it works but then after I customize it.. it won't work again.

and also have a problem in finger print scan. Before I updated my phone it was much more faster reading my finger print and now it's slower and it sometimes doesn't recognize.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Update One UI 2.1 - Always On Display not working and Fingerprint scan issue

Hi @userPLJhFIAsG2 

Since your issues started occurring after the recent update I believe that they are software related. I recommend visiting the closest Samsung certified repair center (ubreakifix, or Samsung experience store) and reinstall the software I truly think this will solve all your issues. I'm sorry your going through this and hope this fixes your problem. Please drop a like and let me know if this solves your issue.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Update One UI 2.1 - Always On Display not working and Fingerprint scan issue

Hey @userPLJhFIAsG2 ,

I suggest turning the phone on in Safe Mode and then testing out the Always on Display. If the issue doesnt continue, one of your apps can now be interfering with the setting. 

Here are some ways you can power your phone on is Safe Mode. 

As far as the fingerprint sensor, try deleting your biometrics and then set it back up. That should help the scanner read faster. 

Hope this helps!