Original topic:

*Update*-One UI 3.0 Bug-Blue Light Filter Problem

(Topic created on: 12/3/20 5:58 PM)
userKmrAfLgmQc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently updated my Verizon S20 to Android 11 and noticed that the blue light filter feature turns on automatically as if it's scheduled to do so at sunset. I've toggled it on and off, and restarted the phone several times however the blue light filter remains on. I've manually changed the time on the phone and noticed that the blue light filter will turn off when set to daytime hours. Has anyone else experienced this?

Update: I've done a factory reset but the problem persists. I'm certain that blue filter is off, but come sunset it turns on automatically and I'm unable to turn it off until sunrise when it turns off .

Also found on Reddit, others are experiencing the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/k700xc/android_11_s20_ultra_display_color_verizon/ 

12 Replies
user9r1Uc3GEyv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
+1 i was confused for awhile too. everything blue filter related is off, but my screen is still tinted.... i also have tried restarting it multiple times. i just can't try to factory reset right now.

verizon , S20+
userZw15QYjpDD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue... After the update to android 11, my blue light filter comes on at 11pm and stays on until 7am... All my settings for that are turned off... Hopefully Samsung can fix this with another update... (s20 5g uw Verizon)

Samsung_HUvJerW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Exact same issue I was having... 

I tried every setting, toggling on/off. Finally found (for me, s20 ultra) what triggers it. 

Not sure why but changing 'display/screen mode' from vivid to natural, turned off the yellow blue light filter. 

Options
Galaxy S20

go to Play Books -> press any book -> press the middle part of the page -> press 'Aa' -> Tone -> Turn off the Night light

user4VjGJH3qmq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Can confirm, this worked on my S20 Ultra.

0 Likes
Samsung_HUvJerW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Idk what you mean by, 'Play Books'?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Google Play Books. it's an app. 

0 Likes
cgoeller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have no idea why Google Play Books gets to control this when I've never used the app on my S20 Ultra, but thank you for providing the fix.
0 Likes
itsbr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
this also worked for me despite play books not being even on my phone to begin with.
0 Likes