cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Updates to Older Phones

Dear Samsung Team

Today I have a Note 8, I has Note 2 and 5.

I'm interested in buy the new Samsung S20, but, I have a simple question to you.
You will ignore it after 1 year and a half or maximum 2 years, no providing new versions of android like with the Note 8?
How is possible that private person work in order to offer new roms to install android 10 in Note 8 but Samsung no?
How is possible that other phone companies still provide updates for mobiles with 3 years but Samsung no?

1 REPLY 1
Nebula

Re: Updates to Older Phones

@userhfSbU1tBaz wrote:

Dear Samsung Team

Today I have a Note 8, I has Note 2 and 5.

I'm interested in buy the new Samsung S20, but, I have a simple question to you.
You will ignore it after 1 year and a half or maximum 2 years, no providing new versions of android like with the Note 8?
How is possible that private person work in order to offer new roms to install android 10 in Note 8 but Samsung no?
How is possible that other phone companies still provide updates for mobiles with 3 years but Samsung no?

Samsung has been doing that for years.  I have an S8+, but only updated to Android 9.  But for me, this is a good thing.  Android 10 eliminates Android Beam, which is something I find useful and use.