Original topic:

Updating Software

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 12:35 PM)
userZoQPX1w4E5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am currently on the July update for the S20 Ultra. How do I update to the August security update? 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

@userZoQPX1w4E5 

Hope you are doing well, my friend!

Great question on updating.

Firmware / software updates like this get rolled out in phases and depend on the phone version, lock status, etc. Some devices get updates monthly, some quarterly: https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

Rebooting your device might help show an update, or booting into safe mode if there is a third party app issue stopping that. If you have a carrier specific device you also might reach out to their support team for an possible updates on timing and more info.

Security updates typically happen early in the month but aren't guaranteed by a certain date, after all, testing and verifying quality may take more time if an issue is found.

Since no one wants bugs in their software updates, I'd encourage you to keep checking and be patient for updates like this.

Want to check for updates now? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Juanchox10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
You need to wait for the update, that's the unique solution. For example, in my case I have a Galaxy S10 international version and a Note 10+ USA version, the Note update the first Monday of every month and the S10 update in the 15th or later.

Please considerate English isn't my first language 😄.
Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
goto settings/software update and select download and install.

it will check if there is an update available for your device.

if it is not available yet it will tell you your software is up-to-date.
0 Likes
usersVrGEtAb0Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
No security updates since the 1st of June on mine, wife, and son s20 ultra 5G
0 Likes