Original topic:

Verizon Data Speeds - What Are You Getting?

(Topic created on: 1/5/21 12:36 PM)
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Curious What Speeds Verizon users are getting with their phones.  In some cases, many people are getting faster speeds on Verizon  4G LTE than on Verizon Nationwide 5G.  Most people are not getting 5G UW. 

Btw, with Verizon, you're pretty much stuck on 5G if you have a 5G phone AND a 5G plan... - - There "may be" a way to turn off 5g with a 3rd party app...   Anyway, this thread is designed to get a feel for what others are getting with Verizon on Data Speeds.

If you can, indicate what part of U.S. you are in, which phone you have,  what type of data you're getting (4G LTE, Nationwide 5G or 5G UW)  and what are "regular daytime speeds" for you.  Thanks!

My speeds:  N. Calif.    Verizon S20+    Nationwide 5G       Download 55-100    Upload  10-25

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
96.1 down , 8.27 up, high noon, Cheyenne, WY, LTE+ (whatever that is) thru Denver Verizon.
This device: SM-G986U1, Model 7, S20+ 5G, Samsung unlocked US version, carrier Verizon.
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for contributing your data.  LTE is same as 4G LTE;  many have found that LTE is better/faster than Verizon's Nationwide 5G.   You situation seems to point to that fact.  I wonder if your region just doesn't have Nationwide 5G yet, or if it's because of your "unocked" phone on Verizon that you're not getting 5g...?  In any case, conngrats, you're doing much better than my Verizon Nationwide 5G service!

Thanks agian. - - Will be nice to hear from others too.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Sometimes my network is shown as LTE , most times it's at LTE+. There is a noticeable difference in performance with the Plus.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
LTE+ may be a hybrid of 5G for Verizon unlocked. In-store, Verizon employees treat owners of unlocked phones like---well differently.
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

I believe LTE+ somehow combines two bands at one time... voice & data.  Your speeds are incredible so I would try to stay with it and not go to 5g.  I know there are supposed to be advantages of having unlocked phones (mine is Vzw s20+), but I haven't gone that route yet.  And  I guess the "special treatment" by Verizon employees goes with the package...   ;)

0 Likes