Original topic:

Video calls are not working. And sd card issues

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 1:04 PM)
userTO0mSJcuZz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I got official android 11 update to my S20 5G phone and two most annoying problems after that are still here, meaning also now after first updates after android11 upgrade:

- Video calls. Just can not use native video call app anymore. That was working just nicely before android11. Still not fixed with these jan patches.

- Here maps. That application is not working at all when SD card is default store for maps etc. Uninstall Here and then reinstall, that will work until you choose SD card as storage. I just don't lile idea that comes to my mind that android11 is created mainly for S21 series and only modified a bit for S20, this idea comes from my annoyance that S21 does not have SD card slot anymore and I assume Samsung is not doing Android 11 update to all models from scratch and originally someone just forgot that SD cards are existing in good phone models. This came to my mind, just as seems that there are multiple problems with SD cards after this update when checking these forums.

But this is really annoying, I would like this S20 to be working nice and smoothly in future as I think I will just test my preordered S21 (that is another topic how stupid one can be in S21 topics) and return to S20 WITH SD card. 

So I really wait fix to these two most annoyong "features" after android 11 update.

0 Likes
2 Replies
MyBellaGirl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
mine is not working either still has not worked and was told it is a phone. really annoyed that samsung could not offer to fix this
0 Likes
userTO0mSJcuZz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Update on this also. Now after latest updates that came to my phone, I will not anymore have choice for Video Call except if I would like to use Google Duo. ...and I don´t wan´t to use...

Why it is so impossible to keep default applications as possible ways to do things, you have to mess and give only possible coice to use Google or MS services only, to basic things you would like to do with your phone???
This really was working just nicely before Android 11 update and after that, just annoying little mess to basic functions on phone. You really should work harder to get basics working on phones!

0 Likes