JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voicemail App Extremely Slow

(Topic created: 01-11-2021 08:19 PM)
HereticAZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently purchased a Samsung S20+ 5G on Verizon. The Voicemail app has been extremely slow from day 1. Any action in the app has a delay between 5-10 seconds. Even benign actions, like clicking on play/pause or the speaker button have the same delay. The slider doesn't keep up with the voicemail as it plays. It really is unusable. I have worked with both Verizon support and Samsung support with no luck. We have tried everything under the sun EXCEPT factory reset, which I'm not willing to do (I really, really hate setting up a new phone).

I work as a computer systems engineer, so I'm pretty techy, but I'm not a phone expert. My phone has all of the system and app updates, including the recent system update from January 1st (G986USQU1CTL4) and my phone is running Android 11.

I am frustrated by the Voicemail app as it seems to be the only app that I can't replace. I can use Google Phone and Messages -- no problem, but not the Voicemail function in that app or Verizon's Visual Voicemail, which is blocked from download. Below are the major things we've tried. All my other apps work fine and operate at normal speed, both on Wifi and on Mobile data (as I'm told the Voicemail app uses Mobile data only). Both the Samsung Phone and Google Phone apps work normal. Having one over the other doesn't make any noticable difference.

We've tried:

• Resetting Network Settings
  • Clearing the Application's cache
  • Clearing the Device Cache
  • Clearing the App's Data
  • Resetting the App's permissions (the app grants the apps back itself)
  • Force stopping the App (it is not possible to disable it or uninstall it or any updates).
  • Countless reboots
  • Removing the Google Phone app, making the Samsung Phone app default, clearing the App Data/Cache again, rebooting the phone.
  • Removing Battery Optimization
  • Enabling unlimited mobile data

Any ideas?

22 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Sounds like you've tried just about everything...sorry this is such a problem.

How about trying this if you haven't already:

Settings/General Management/Reset/Reset all settings    then select reset all settings & confirm selection.   Maybe this will help.  Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

0 Likes
GPA_DRK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am also having this exact problem and haven't found any way to correct it.  Very frustrating. 

user1TcytHMGqH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I am also having this problem. I can not get any voicemail, except if I call myself and leave myself a message from my phone with the same app on it.
userknQTlOuIh5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same exact issue with this VM app.  So frustrating.  Makes me regret getting this phone.  There must be a fix and Samsung needs to provide us with that fix ASAP.

user0jSLdYPs8M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having this issue lately too. I bought my phone in May though and only recently started having issues. I don't think it's the device, but I don't know what to do to fix it. I am also current on all updates.

userbV7zhguJie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue.  It's like a glitch.  Every function in the app has a delay whether play, delete, pause, speaker, etc... been that way since I got this phone.  And it's just the voicemail app. For a phone with this much computing power, it's not explainable.  Frustrating.  S20. Less than 6 months old.

userDGH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Have the exact same issue with a S20 Ultra +5G.  Painfully slow to do anything in the voicemail app.  So frustrating, may just let it fill up and not use voicemail anymore.

0 Likes
user711DsUDeeC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here, I have had the S20 Ultra for almost a year now and from day one the Visual VM app is extreamly slow to respond. The only way I  can use it where it somewhat responds quickyl is when I am connected to my bluetooth in my car but it still slow.  I have to hit the play button several times to hear the message.  Same thing happes when you try to pause a message to restart the message it just does not  respond.  I have had several  Samsung phones and have never seen this issue before.  VM is a basic function of the phone, this should just flat out work!

userMak7NkGwKA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Exact same problem here! With as much money as this thing cost, I would expect everything to work correctly! Samsung can you hear us now?????? I have been a loyal Samsung customer for about 10 phones now.... a little help would be awesome.