JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voicemail App Extremely Slow

(Topic created: 01-20-2021 05:53 PM)
HereticAZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently purchased a Samsung S20+ 5G on Verizon. The Voicemail app has been extremely slow from day 1. Any action in the app has a delay between 5-10 seconds. Even benign actions, like clicking on play/pause or the speaker button have the same delay. The slider doesn't keep up with the voicemail as it plays. It really is unusable. I have worked with both Verizon support and Samsung support with no luck. We have tried everything under the sun EXCEPT factory reset, which I'm not willing to do (I really, really hate setting up a new phone).

I work as a computer systems engineer, so I'm pretty techy, but I'm not a phone expert. My phone has all of the system and app updates, including the recent system update from January 1st (G986USQU1CTL4) and my phone is running Android 11.

I am frustrated by the Voicemail app as it seems to be the only app that I can't replace. I can use Google Phone and Messages -- no problem, but not the Voicemail function in that app or Verizon's Visual Voicemail, which is blocked from download. Below are the major things we've tried. All my other apps work fine and operate at normal speed, both on Wifi and on Mobile data (as I'm told the Voicemail app uses Mobile data only). Both the Samsung Phone and Google Phone apps work normal. Having one over the other doesn't make any noticable difference.

We've tried:

• Resetting Network Settings
  • Clearing the Application's cache
  • Clearing the Device Cache
  • Clearing the App's Data
  • Resetting the App's permissions (the app grants the apps back itself)
  • Force stopping the App (it is not possible to disable it or uninstall it or any updates).
  • Countless reboots
  • Removing the Google Phone app, making the Samsung Phone app default, clearing the App Data/Cache again, rebooting the phone.
  • Removing Battery Optimization
  • Enabling unlimited mobile data

Any ideas?

user6xPlTcRN19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue. Started a few updates ago. Crushing

0 Likes
user6Mr9iuUG50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the exact same problem and it's more frustrating than anything. I don't think it's something you can fix. it's something that needs an update on the system update. it happened right after an update.
0 Likes
userC1osGfH7dD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue. I don't think it's the phone. It's probably the voicemail app design. It behaves as if it's continuously requesting days from the voicemail server... Isn't this a Verizon app? They're the ones that should fix it.

I will reach out to them but recommend others do the same.

0 Likes
user6Mr9iuUG50
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
it was verizon, but now it looks more stock since the most recent update
0 Likes
user8McpWubAa8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My husband and I are both having the same problem on our Samsung S20 Note +5G. Incredibly frustrating. Samsung- what is your fix? This is obviously a S20 Note problem based on this thread. 

0 Likes
userRUHagQhPKE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the exact same issue. clearly it hasn't been solved yet. 1300 dollars for this phone, there should be better oversight of something considered basic to using a phone.
0 Likes
userQXF7IQrvsm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having same issue...so sad my old note 8 didn't have issues.  Verizon acts like they never heard of.  Has anyone had luck on fixing?

0 Likes
jwilkinssd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here! no solutions apparently yet
0 Likes
Sam_Sunction
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm seeing this annoying issue myself on my S20+ with Verizon. Very annoying to try to listen to voicemail. When I do the phone is so laggy, it performs like I have a processor from 10 years ago. This is not a problem a flag-ship Samsung phone in 2020/2021 should have on such a basic feature. Please fix this Samsung!

usera5RGYKieVj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
for the love of god SAMSUNG fix this issue! i have had this issue with my note 20 ultra with at&t since day 1! it IS the app itself.
please everyone keep pushing this. i get 10-15 calls a day for my work and it is getting to the point im gonna sell the phone and get a new one.