cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Volume turns up by itself.

I have a Galaxy S20 Ultra. I make sure to turn my media volume down during games and other media. However, after a couple hours or so, I'll open a game or app, and the volume turns up by itself. Has anyone else had this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Product Expert

Re: Volume turns up by itself.

Hey @DevilDogg_357 

Hope all is well 

I would try to operate the phone in safe mode and see if the problem still ensues. Did you download any new apps before this issue started?

Highlighted
Constellation

For some reason, I couldn't post before. No, I didn't download any new apps. This problem has occurred since I picked up the phone on March 6th.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @DevilDogg_357 

I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. 

Do you have a case on your device? Has these issued occured while a case is off the device? Do you happen to have any bluetooth devices connected to your phone?

Highlighted
Constellation

I did not have a case until a few days after getting the phone. The problems existed, and still exist, whether the case is on or off.

The only Bluetooth connection is with my car stereo, if the car is running. Otherwise, no other connections.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Check if your device has a software update pending if it does not I suggest wiping your cache data on your device. Here's a link on how to do this: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g/wipe-cache-partition-sa...

If the problem persists make sure to back up your device and then perform a factory reset. 

If the issue still occurs I would contact customer support at 1-800-Samsung.

I hope this information helps!

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried a cache partition wipe, but the problem still occurs. I'll be contacting Samsung, because I shouldn't have to perform a full reset this early into a phone life cycle, if unnecessary. Thank you for the comments and assistance.