cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Warning Camera Failed

I have restarted my phone, Cleared Cache files, done factory reset and still this error occurs.

Does anyone have insight as to what caused this problem?

I already have a warranty phone coming to replace this one, but I am thinking this might just happen again on the new one.

It's quite frustrating to spend the money for the S20+ and have it have issues like this within 3 weeks of purchasing it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Warning Camera Failed

I have not experienced it myself but If you have done all the troubleshooting steps, It was definitely either a camera issue/motherboard issue, maybe due to a device defect or bad update. There is no way to tell.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It cannot be fixed. You must submit a ticket on samsung for repair. If in warranty and is defect it should be free. Or contact cellphone provider for exchange.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

These things happen. You got a dud. Next one should be fine.

Highlighted
Product Expert

@usernqf90smg4B ,

Theres always a bad apple in the bunch but no worries. Your warranty replacement should not have the same issue. Should be smooth sailing after yo receive the new replacement. If not remember were always here to assist you. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had this issue as well. Samsungs customer service is garbage. I have been trying for 3 weeks now to get a replacment and they offer unacceptable solutions. I was first told to take it to one of their local service centers. Scheduled an appointment and the place is closed indeffinately. Again they said it was not and I need to take it there, so I did... Surprise, still closed. I was then told to wait until it opened. Unacceptable! They finally found one that was open an hour from my home. I took it to them and they said it needed a camera module likely but they would try to update it with a newer software provided by samsung first as they have made additional fixes to the camera software (why isnt this released already to public). They had my phone for 2 days while I was forced to buy a burner to use while they did the work since I am not able to just not have a phone. They told me there is no damage and they tested a new module and software with no luck. I was told to contact samsung and they would need to replace the phone since its likely a defect in the motherboard. So I did that and after being told several times to do the basic troubleshooting steps again I was told to ship the phone to Samsung so they can see if they could fix it and if not I can get a replacment under warranty. How is any of this acceptable. They do not back their product. I have been a customer since the S3 and this really has made me want to reonsider. I have always bought through my carrier before, so if there was an issue they just give you a new one and you ship the defective one to them. Maybe Samsung should take a look at the carrier model, because I never had an issue like this before.