JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Warranty Questions

(Topic created on: 11/21/20 10:39 AM)
lilmamaliv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi so my dad bought some Galaxy S20 FE 5g phones from Tmobile about a month and a half or so ago for himself and also for me and my brother. Last week my boyfriend was getting our son out of his carseat and he was watching cartoons on my phone and my boyfriend forgot to take the phone from him and he's only 2 so of course he  dropped it when his dad was holding him after getting him out of the car. Now my screen is really broken and I'm so sad because it was such a pretty and brand new phone and it's already damaged. Is there a warranty for these phones? I don't have the kind of money to spend $160+ for a new screen right now and was hoping someone give me any information on whether there might be a warranty either through Samsung or t-mobile? I really appreciate any help I can get, thank you guys. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
madness497
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
typically these issues are not covered under the manufacturer warranty, however that doesn't necessarily say that you can't get it done for free. working in their tech support I've seen stranger things happen. also if you have samsung care plus that's always an option as well. now going through your carrier will require at least a $250 deductible regardless of the condition.
0 Likes
lilmamaliv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
how would I go about getting it done for free? that would be so awesome becz I got scammed out of $500 trying to buy a new iPhone after mine broke and that really set me back financially so that's why my dad bought the phone for me. I still have to pay him back eventually though so getting my screen fixed for free would be incredibly helpful, but how? and thanks for your response
0 Likes
Solution
morgenman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Unless you bought a warranty, accidental damage won't be covered. I don't think there are any tech companies that will replace a device you broke for free. Next time, grab an asurion policy or something

View solution in context

lilmamaliv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Is there a way to find out if my dad did buy insurance or whatever for the phones without asking him? I feel so bad about it being broken already so I don't want him to know, especially if there's a way for me to get it fixed. Do you know what kind of sfuff IS covered without insurance? I'm just curious in case anything else happens in the future (I have terrible luck with phones). I can't buy insurance now and get it fixed either right? and thank you for your response!
0 Likes
morgenman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately, no. That would be a pretty big privacy issue. If I were you, I'd look for a third party repair shop. Samsung might have a paid repair service, I'm not sure.
0 Likes
lilmamaliv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
What would be the privacy issue? My dad added me to the account so that I have the same abilities and access that he has when it comes to making any changes to our account or whatnot. With that being said, who would I call to ask if he bought insurance? Tmobile?
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
The company Samsung uses for any repairs is Ibreakufix . com. They're supposed to be in most places. It might be expensive fixing screen through them, but not sure...

You may call your carrier support number 611 and ask them if/what type insurance your dad bought for the phones. Who knows, maybe he has bought a plan. Oftentimes with a plan like Asurion through Verizon, the fee to fix a screen is like about $29. - If that doesn't work out, take a look on Craigslist, but be careful there... Good luck!
0 Likes
lilmamaliv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you so much! praying that he did buy insurance because yeah I looked into repair shops and no place does it any cheaper than like $160 which I can't afford to spend on a new screen right now. :( but thank you for your help anyway I really appreciate it
0 Likes