Original topic:

Water Damage Sticker

(Topic created: 08-10-2021 02:30 PM)
Brad17845
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi all,

Recently my S20 Ultra met a watery grave, all of the cameras fogged up. So I did an insurance claim as it won't charge. However, the water damage sticker was still all white. I'm assuming that means it was never tripped? I just got my Asurion Refurbished S20 Ultra and that one is also all white. Is everyone else's all white? What color does it turn when it's tripped?

I only ask because it's obviously a refurbished phone and I do not want issues when I go to trade it in on the S22 next spring.

Thank you!

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Brad17845 white usually means that they haven't been exposed to water. 

How are you able to see this sticker? Did you take the phone apart?

Brad17845
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@LongHiker If you use a flashlight and look at and angle in the Sim card slot, you can see it there on the side!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @Brad17845, Thanks for reaching out! I can definitely understand wanting to make sure your phone is in good shape to be able to trade it in. Here is an article that provides more information for checking the liquid damage indicator. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/ 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.