JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Weird Autonomous Behavior

(Topic created: 01-03-2021 10:57 AM)
sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Since the update to Android 11, I've noticed my phone has been changing settings on its own without my knowledge or consent, and it doesn't seem to be the work of any app. Wi-Fi keeps turning itself on, and nothing shows up in Wi-Fi Control History. All of the autonomous Wi-Fi settings are disabled as well. The second is volume setting, which keeps changing itself from vibrate to silent. Not sure where to check for settings related to that. I haven't installed any new apps recently, and Google Play Protect found nothing. Anyone else having this issue? 
10 Replies
GeraldF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
unbelievable, sometimes you are connected to wifi but all sent messages are failed
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
If data is off or signal isn't good, messages will not go out or come in even with Wi-Fi on as it relies primarily on data/cellular services to work properly.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Check Do not disturb or Bixby Routines for volume/sound profile changes. If you have the Sound Assistant app installed, check settings there too.
0 Likes
sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Do Not Disturb is off, and both Bixby Routines and Scenarios in SoundAssistant are disabled.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Not sure any other automated action that could do what you're describing.
0 Likes
5u5i3i89n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Do you have a partner? .... might explain why ...
0 Likes
sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Nope, and no one else has access to my phone.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition on the device since the recent update?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Also, have you tried testing to see if this occurs when your device is booted into safe mode?

This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Clearing the cache seems to have fixed the Wi-Fi issue. The volume issue turned out to be the update disabling the Use Volume Keys for Media setting.
0 Likes