I will suddenly get a bunch of notifications. Some I never got, some are old messages I've already replied to. They all come in at once from different apps. IG seems to have the most problems, but notifications on many apps aren't working. Google play store won't download any updates. I have to reset all app preferences to make it work again, then it stops working. My calendar widget isn't working right, but after resetting app preferences it too works momentarily. Are these issues related? How can I fix the sudden flood of notifications from multiple apps?
How long have these symptoms been occurring?
Have you recently installed an update on your device?
Let's try wiping the cache partition on your phone to see if that helps any.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?
Turn off safe mode
Does some routine troubleshooting help here?
If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.