Original topic:

What is PG Mobile and why do I get frequent notifications to update it?

(Topic created: 05-05-2022 10:40 AM)
anitje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an S20 FE.

I constantly get notifications from "PG Mobile" to "update my software".

I never downloaded PG Mobile, and it is not on my apps list.   When I google it, the closest thing that comes up is "Pocket Geek Mobile", which I never downloaded and which I cannot find evidence of on my phone.

Is this some kind of malware that found its way onto my phone, or is it valid, and if valid why can I not find it on my phone, and how should I deal with it?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
I looked up the app on Google Play and it says it's made by Assurant, Inc., a company that provides warranty /protection plans and support for mobile phones.
0 Likes
anitje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, Spectrum, but only for WiFi and TV- my data plan is with Xfinity Mobile.  *happy somebody seems to know about this...*

What is it and can I safely click on it to update??

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
anitje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

If this is the same thing as "Pocket Geek", I am curious because I never downloaded it and it does not show up in my apps.

I wonder if it is something that I would actually want (though I have no idea how to delete it since it does not appear on my phone...just the notifications to update).    

Maybe that is a sneaky way to get me to download the software???   I get the notification every few days....sort of annoying....

loser1224
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
he's so **bleep** its parhetic
0 Likes