cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

What is going on with Samsung products?

I'm so incredibly disappointed. I've been a loyal Samsung consumer for years now. I had my trusty S8+ for nearly three years with no issues. I upgraded to the S20 Ultra 5g and gave my unused S9 to a family member (loved the S8+ so I never used the upgrade phone). I also purchased the Galaxy Buds. All of them have been a total nightmare. Besides the well known camera issues with the S20 Ultra, my cell signal has decreased to the nearly unusable point. Airplane mode gets stuck. I lose signal and when I turn off wifi to check on it I end up having to reset the phone. Friends have reported the same things. Why are these things not being addressed better by Samsung? I see reports everywhere but crickets from Samsung. The galaxy buds connect and disconnect randomly and at 3 or 4 second intervals. The S9 has encountered a few issues as well. It seems like everything Samsung makes now works great for a few weeks then it shows its true colors. I'm highly highly disappointed. We are paying very large amounts of money for truly subquality products. I feel ripped off. What a fall of a previously awesome company. 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: What is going on with Samsung products?

I had so many issues with my Note 10+ since last year, dropped calls, no connection and data failure. Sometimes it would be days before I received a text and sometimes I would reboot and 20 messages would come in, I never knew when it was happening. I have returned my unlocked Note 10+ 3 times and the last time they kept the phone and it is now supposedly a return/exchange issue. I have been without a phone for a cumulative 6 weeks, 3 1/2 weeks this time. No one has called me- they keep saying someone will call me to discuss the next option but I have not heard from anyone except for emails from Samsung support telling me to send them my original receipt (It was purchased directly from them but they say they have no way of looking that up??) and to send in my phone. (which they already have, that has been verified). I feel like I have been given the run around constantly. I never had issues with my Galaxy 3, 5 or the Galaxy 7 I am using now in place of the Note 10+. I have been an adamant android defender and Samsung particularly but I an certainly re thinking that stance due to my experiences. My husband has been an iphone person all these years and is giving me a large amount of grief now that I am experiencing this issue with no resolution. I am extremely upset with Samsung and wonder what kind of offer I will be getting for an exchange. I expect to be compensated for the 6 weeks I have been without a phone, the S7 Galaxy was a great phone but it is so s l o w!!! We will see what happens.

Highlighted
Halo

Re: What is going on with Samsung products?

I'm not going to lie, I've been a Samsung fanboy since the S3.  I used to defend their stuff constantly and I really believed it too.  Now I'm on the S20 and I just can't do it anymore.  I'm selling it next week. I feel like what Samsung is doing anymore, and even since the S3 days, is just sell gimmicks.  The camera on my S20 is bad.  I have a one year old and I can't take a clear picture of him unless he is sitting completely still, which is nearly never.  My wife has an iphone 11 and she is always getting great pictures of him.  They touted this camera as heaven on earth basically.  It's bad.  The colors are not correct either.  I also feel like iphone sells gimmicks too, but at the same time most of their stuff is good quality.  I don't like the OS but if it means I can get good photos of my son then I may have to go iphone.  I have the iphone 12 coming tomorrow and the Pixel 5 next week.  Keeping whichever seems better and forever leaving Samsung behind.  I just can't support them anymore.  I have the buds plus and the watch active 2.  No issues with the buds although I feel like the ambient sound has gotten way worse with all the updates they pushed.  The watch I had to send back because it would randomly quit tracking distance.  They replaced a bunch of sensors in it and sent it back and the next day the watch again quit tracking distance.  Quite fun for a watch that is meant to be really good at tracking distance and exercise.  It is a shame but I really feel like I will never own another Samsung again.  I used a Pixel 4a for a week and I even liked that way more than my S20!