cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

What should be a standard battery life on S20

Hey there,

I just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S20 a week ago. Coming from iPhone one of my expectations was a better battery life which is not proving to be true so far.

Battery drain has so far been herendous despite using the phone moderately and having optimized for battery life:

• Dark mode
  • 60hz screen
  • no AOD
  • Routines to turn off wifi, location, sync,... when not in use or if battery is low 

So far I'm getting 3 to 4hrs screen on time with moderate usage (daily i must have 2hr whatsapp, 1hr listening to spotify in background, 1hr web browsing and various, 1hr of calls)

Which is worst than my 2.5 years old iPhone X and I'm getting really close to returning the S20

What should be the standard battery life on this smartphone for my usage?

Is there something i'm missing or i should check?

Many thanks for the support

11 REPLIES 11
Astronaut

Re: What should be a standard battery life on S20

I'm getting 6+ sot with the s20FE, so yea something is wrong (at 120hz). Download gsam, and give it permissions with adb. Also, download galaxy labs and run the booster. The battery will get better over the first week, but this should help diagnose a bad app. I had YouTube draining my phone a ton in the background, a reinstall fixed it.
Cosmic Ray

I wiped (factory reset) my phone last night - thanks Samsung support for the great idea....

Restoring with Samsung Cloud was a blood bath......

Unplugged my phone in the morning 3 hrs ago, it is already down to 60% with normal usage when my iphone would have been >90%

I've installed accubattery and gsma thing - but i'm already tired of tweaking this phone 

Seriously i'm ashamed for samsung that they release such poor products that customers need to tweak to make usable... i can't even understand how these phone could pass basic UATs  

Not to mention the completely ignorant customer service on phone or in store (at least where i am now)

Cosmic Ray

2nd day Screenshot_20201202-161040_AccuBattery.jpg

Cosmic Ray

Advise quick please

Cosmic Ray

Screenshot_20201201-182516_AccuBattery.jpgScreenshot_20201201-182533_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20201201-182548_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg

First day after wiping all data to factory reset 

What a joke... Please advise ASAP on what I should do and if device is defaultive 

Thanks 

Cosmic Ray

Please advise asap 

Cosmic Ray

Cosmic Ray

@morgenman  @anyone?????

Bloody f****ing phone i've never seen such trash 

Astronaut

hm, I don't see any big issues here. try downloading the labs and running the booster, and turn on adaptive battery in device care. Also, did you give gsam permission using a computer and adb? otherwise it might not be seeing everything