JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 No notification sounds

(Topic created: 03-15-2020 05:59 PM)
useryDIikaZ9Da
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Received the new S20 yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for notifications. 

I have searched every forum and searched through all the settings on both the apps and the notification settings  and everything is as it should be, but still no notification sounds.

The only unusual thing is when I go through the list of sounds no sample is played. Could it be that for some reason no files are actually attached to the ringtones?

120 Replies
useriMX0zLubEo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Good afternoon, 

I've done the fix, however  there is still an issue. That is to say, it is still only working occasionally. Could there be a problem with the phone? Is anyone still having a problem after they have tried this fix?

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
userSWFmafDXWw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks so much.  This was driving me crazy.

0 Likes
userHlT22vce6x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem.  I assign unique notification sounds to different contacts and it only plays the default sound.  Neither Zedge nor Galaxy sounds will assign.  Very annoying for what this phone cost.

0 Likes
userm5eejJ4ebK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Go into the specific text chain for your contact you want a custom notification for... click the 3 dots in upper right corner, click notification sound... there's where you can set a custom notification per contact 🙂  

You can only set the custom ringtone in the contact settings (which was a crappy change that samsung made), so that fixes the custom notification setting. 

0 Likes
user3SdaoouXoZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

make sure the message don't have that bell crossed out 

0 Likes
userl73hwv2gwD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

hello. I have an issue every couple of days my phone will stop playing notification sounds and only vibrate. I am using custom tones for apps that work, and then suddenly after a couple days I have to restart my phone and they magically start working again. Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

songsongkp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Go to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume. From there make sure your notifications and system volumes are up so you when you're ringtone volume is turned up it will make the tone instead of vibrate

0 Likes
userl73hwv2gwD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Notifications sounds are turned up when this happens. I have to restart my phone and then the sounds for notifications work again.

userC242k4nTIX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, 

My whatsapp keeps vibrating even when I silence group notifications. 

Phone is on vibrate mode, however, I keep receiving the notification from the groups. It has never happened before, even though I've been using Galaxy phones since the S4 model.

Best regards.