JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why is my s20 ultra not updating

(Topic created: 06-03-2021 03:41 PM)
userpIlvhzzVa8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently got my s20 ultra and when I got it It didn't have android 11. No problem I thought I could update it but it isn't updating please help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

I understand how frustrating this is. You can try the troubleshooting recommended by @Who_Dis. However, please note that flashing your device may void the warranty. I would also recommend trying to do a factory reset and then attempting to install the update. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029  As updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carrier's discretion to release the update to customers, if the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Staticline
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same i can't update to android 11 or the UI 3
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

what carrier are you with?

few options you can choose from.

1. contact your carrier and ask for help 

2. contact Samsung through Samsung Members app and report 'not receiving update' issue after trying to update again. (this is to allow the app to collect logs on what the phone was doing at the time of attempting to update)

3. flash your device yourself using Odin software 

which ever option you take, if you end up flashing your device... it will reset EVERYTHING so back up your device before flashing. 

My suggestion is take these suggestions in order given. Good luck~

0 Likes
userSp81vPhD8a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Also try samsung smart switch
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

I understand how frustrating this is. You can try the troubleshooting recommended by @Who_Dis. However, please note that flashing your device may void the warranty. I would also recommend trying to do a factory reset and then attempting to install the update. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029  As updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carrier's discretion to release the update to customers, if the troubleshooting is not helpful, you will need to follow up with your service provider for additional troubleshooting. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.