cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

WiFi drops when sending/receiving MMS

I have had the S20 Ultra 5g for over a year now and since day one, regardless the messaging app, WiFi drops when: sending and receiving photos, sending and receiving group messsages. Does not matter the wifi connection. MY trucks stereo, for example, connects via wifi for Android Auto to play (and I usually use Waze and Spotify. IF I get a picture message or a group message, wifi disconnects and I lose waze and spoitify and have to reconnect. If I am home, same things, if I am ANYWHERE, same thing. Anyway to fix this? It is not a router problem, because it happens on ALL WiFi connections. It has to be handset issue and resetting the phone has not fixed the problem. It's more a pain in the butt, if anything, especially when I am driving and need Maps. I was using the Verizon messaging app and it wouldn't let me send photos at all, and was having the same issue with Wifi, I use Textra now and it does what I need it to, and still drops wifi.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: WiFi drops when sending/receiving MMS

try submit a ticket through Samsung Members app which can be downloaded from Galaxy Store. This app will automatically collect the log about your wifi settings and agents will be able to tell you what the issues are about.

include your wifi modem, and provider so they can look into it more detail.

Constellation

Its all wifi connections, all of them. Meaning, at home, when I connect to my vehicle, at work, at Starbucks, at a hotel, you name it, if I connect via wifi it will drop when MMS is sent or received. I will submit a ticket as you suggested, and give my modem and internet provider, but it isn't just when I am at home.

Astronaut

I have this problem too
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would test the phone in Safe Mode to see if the WiFi drops when sending a message then.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.

The next step would be to do a complete backup and reset of the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you are still having Wi-Fi connection issues service would be recommended. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.