JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi direct lost

(Topic created on: 12/27/20 8:50 AM)
Diva1980
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
My phone updated about a week ago and since then I cannot share with wifi direct. Others can share to me, but I dint have the option anymore.

Anyone else have this issue? 
9 Replies
SSmomaNykkie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
hmmm yea I have an s8 and im getting a new phone next week cuz some things have gone crazy on my phone lately like the fingerprint
Options
Galaxy S20
is your near by scan on in the more connections settings? just curious... what are you want to wifi share? there are other options.
0 Likes
Diva1980
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Just trying to share pictures me videos. Wifi share is the fastest way to do it.
Options
Galaxy S20
is you wifi gray out or not there? are you both on the same network and fully connected? USB tethering is the fast data transfer option. have you tried near by share, through Google, quick share the new option, or better.... connect their device to your Google account if all else fails, should be able to get them that way.
0 Likes
MailInRebate
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
They disabled sending files with WiFi Direct.

"You can no longer use Wi-Fi Direct to send files to other devices. You can use Nearby Share instead. You can still receive files using Wi-Fi Direct."
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

there is a new feature, nearby share. its like apple's air drop.

i think wifi direct is changed to nearby share.

try use this feature. its fast too

userUGYPfeFbLU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same  here. Don't waste your time calling your carrier or Samsung because neither were helpful. Did that on January 11, 2021. I spent approximately 2 hours on the phone with my carrier. The gentleman was very polite, but had no solution since I had tried everything he tried prior to calling. He finally suggested I contact Samsung since there was nothing he could do. The lady at Samsung was equally polite, but after approximately 2 1/2 hours and resetting my phone settings several times, also had no solution. She stated it was probably caused by the latest update and my call was the first she had heard of this issue. I have been a faithful Samsung user for over 10 years but after this am considering switching to another android since I now have a brand new phone that I cannot WiFi direct with my older model Samsung tablet and phone....

uservaNLVTINNR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem. I think this's because of the update, and some thing was wrong.
I also a very faithful Samsung user, i bought S4, then note 8 for myself
two A7s,S10,for my mom and dad,
note 9 for my Gilrfriend.
Samsung tab S6 for myself
And the latest one is My New note 20 Ultra 512.
And look what i've got.
NO WIFI DIRECT for file sharing,
Enough for samsung.

Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You can no longer use Wi-Fi Direct to send files to other devices. You can use Nearby Share instead. You can still receive files using Wi-Fi Direct.

View solution in context

0 Likes