cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Wifi droping issue on S20 ultra

Hi everyone,

From couple of days I am facing a strange issue on my Samsung S20 ultra, it automatically disconnect from my Wifi, I have to reconnect it.

Although with other devices Wifi is working perfectly fine, so I am sure there is no problem with my wifi.

What to do ?

6 REPLIES 6
Constellation

Re: Wifi droping issue on S20 ultra

I'm having the same issue, I've contacted Support but I've gotten nowhere with them

Comet

The Wi-Fi on the s20 Ultra is super weak. I lose the signal on the home Wi-Fi just going through 2 walls. A family members $30 Cricket phone goes through 4 walls and she can even walk around outside and never lose the signal. The Wi-Fi is definitely one of the negatives of the phone.
Asteroid

I think I have mostly fixed mine... I turned off any auto reconnects or searching for better wifi networks, found in Advanced wifi settings. I've turned the first 3 options off and the power saving option on. Not sure which one or combo fixed it but it is now at least 90% better. I'm going to keep testing.

P.s. I searched every solution I could find which are all about disconnecting things and reconnecting/booting, or most hardware support suggests the wifi is too weak (I have a Google Nest and over 250 Mbs so I knew that wasn't it.) None of these were the issue. One person commented about Advanced settings on Androids in general and that's where I started experimenting. I would think Samsung must know about this issue. Regardless I would love to know if this works for others.

Asteroid

I have put a couple of the wifi settings back on (but left Turn on WiFi Automatically off) and also changed to Phone MAC in my wifi network settings and also deleted my FB cache and data. It now seems screaming fast so something is working. Thanks for all the great advice! I'm doing it all Smiley Happy

what is your carrier and your software version? its under setting - about - software info - baseband ver

Astronaut

I agree it's clearly a OS or Software issue, my S20 Ultra worked great until the new version of Android was installed (ver11). Now my device will randomly disconnect itself from my own wifi network. Now it's not the phone because my device was working seamlessly prior to the update. And now it's crapping out all the time. Samsung, Google / Android, and Spectrum