Original topic:

Wifi issues

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 10:57 AM)
userqqm3WKEOfu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently upgraded from an S7 to a S20FE5g. The new phone constantly drops my wifi signal. I had no issues with my S7 and there have been no changes in my network equipment.

4 Replies
FAFI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
My s20 Ultra has a very weak signal too. It drops the wifi just two rooms away from the router. The really frustrating part is that a family members super cheap $30 flip phone works everywhere inside and even outside without losing the signal.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
I bet your s7 default wifi network selection was 2.4hz which is far reaching but slower then a 5hz new phone model default network choice... much faster but need to be closer.. your router is a dual band wifi 2.4 hz and 5hz signal producer that is combined into 1 detectable entry point to your gateway that your device uses to swtich between them for a more balanced user experience. It's also the first thing they do to improve speed when customers complain about slow internet. You can separate the two signals so you'll have two different networks to choose from and if you wanted two separate passwords with one at just 2.4 and one at 5 so you can use the fast one when close and the 2.4 the rest of the time. If you don't know how to open your browser and access your routers administrator page in your gateway just tell your isp to split the two up for you. They don't care but if they are hesitant just tell them you have a bunch of devices hookup at once and you only want the 5hz on certain ones cause the others don't need it. Then turn off you wifi power saving mode in the wifi advanced menu and if your dev options are open turn on wifi throttling
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

have you tried to reboot your Wi-Fi router? have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report on samsung members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

0 Likes