cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Will Galaxy S20 Support eSim in the US?

I'm looking at the Galaxy S20 simply for the smaller form factor, but am wondering if eSIM will be available in the US market?

Would love to be able to use my personal and office line on the same phone with the eSim feature that I've typically enjoyed on the newer iPhones. 

It's listed on the Samsung Global page, but I haven't seen any confirmation for the US market. 

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Will Galaxy S20 Support eSim in the US?

For the Galaxy S20 / S20 Ultra / S20 + These phones will have a physical Sims within the US. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

The physical sims were expected as with every year. Shame that they do not ALSO have the eSim capability, along with the phyical sim. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have been doing the same research. That line of "*eSIM supported on Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra models" is driving me crazy. Do that means single physical nano sim plus an eSim? And if so, will we be able to use them both at the same time?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Having both a physical nano-sim feature and an eSim option should allow you to use both numbers at the same time and just be able to choose what to use for phone calls, text, etc. 

This feature works perfectly on my Iphone 11 Pro Max. The phycial nano sim is tied to my work line and the eSim is tied to my personal line. I can designate which line to use for data and phone calls. When I make a phone call or start a new text, I can choose which line to send it with. 

This feature is the ONLY reason I have an iPhone and I've been waiting for Samsung to do the same for years. They offer a dual sim option for their phones outside of the US, but I'd have to go to 3rd party seller.

Oneplus had it working great with their OnePlus 7 Pro and the dual sim feature. I used it on my Verizon lines. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Google's Pixel 3A and Pixel 4 both have this also.

Highlighted
Constellation

But WHY did they not include eSIM support in the US models?

Highlighted
Constellation

Just got unlocked s20 ultra. You can't use esim on us, unlocked s20 ultra. Wasted 30 min on the phone with Samsung technician support.  Tec guy didn't even know what is esim... complete waste of time and money.  After preorder and 2 weeks waiting will re returning this garbage back. 500$ pixel 4 has esim, pixeel 3. Iphones... very disappointed with samsung, their false advertising on thir website and best buy website, and technical support that dont have a clue what they are selkind and cant explain why it dont work if esim is on on specs for s20... 😐😐🤨🤨🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Highlighted
Constellation

This does not answer the question. Can someone confirm if the s20 supports esims? We know there will be 1 physical sim slot.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Folks as per CNET, galaxy S20 series supports esim.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/samsung-galaxy-s20-esim-carrier-guide/