Original topic:

Word Replacement Bug

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 11:54 PM)
lemonadebee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't even know how to describe it or what could possibly be causing it.  But TL;DR: For some reason, seemingly at random, when I type a word, it'll either duplicate the word before it (image 1), or just change to a completely different word or even a single letter (image 2).  I reported this to Samsung themselves, hoping it would be fixed in an update (it wasn't).  This would be less annoying if I didn't write and use text messaging (via Discord) for collaborations regularly, but it's getting to the point where I'm thinking about just pulling out the potato laptop.  At least it doesn't weirdly autocorrect my words.

I've tried resetting the keyboard dictionary and things in that vein (nothing), and I'd disable autocorrect, but I'm a messy typer.  It'd be more of an inconvenience than anything, and if that's the only solution right now, so be it.  But I literally cannot fathom why this is happening.

Cheers.

Screenshot_20210505-024122_Vent.jpg

(Image 1: Duplicate word.)

Screenshot_20210505-024346_Vent.jpg

(Image 2: The entire word "not" autocorrected to "j".  Okay.)

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20

what's the software version? it's in the about phone > software info > build number

0 Likes
lemonadebee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Sorry this is so late, we've been working on the move. Here it is.

Screenshot_20210515-195946_Settings_8566.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

submit an error report again on samsung members app when the issue happens 

0 Likes
lemonadebee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I've submitted an error report pretty much every time as far as I can remember, and they've done nothing, but I appreciate the suggestion.
0 Likes
usernXGgUcjjRC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
check my response to turn off the completely inaccurate autoreplaceScreenshot_20210530-193905_Samsung Keyboard.jpg
0 Likes
usernXGgUcjjRC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung did an update that turned on autoreplace by default. When you have a text open select the gear icon for the Samsung keyboard. then select Smart Typing and turn off 'Auto Replace
Screenshot_20210530-193905_Samsung Keyboard.jpg
0 Likes