cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Worst phone i've ever had

I pre ordered the s20 ultra the day pre orders became available, and picked it up the day it came out. I have had every phone in the S series since the s5. This is the first time I've ever been disappointed with the phone I've bought. 

The camera glass on the back cracked from literally doing nothing. I have not dropped it yet. I simply have had it in my pocket and put it on tables. I like in NYC and take trains so someone could have bumped me. 

I have never cracked a phone in my life and I get a new phone ever year. I traded in an s10+ to get this phone which I had since the day it released and kept in it perfect condition for over a year before trading it. Yet somehow 4 days after buying the phone it cracks. 

Its crazy how the biggest selling point of the phone is also the weakest most fragile part as well. The fragile glass placement along with the auto focus issues make this phone badicslly a waste of money. I can't believe I have to worry about putting my phone on a table or having it in my pocket. 

I have been especially careful with the phone after I bought it as one would after spending $1,500 on a phone. I can't even imagine how it cracked. Its sad that no screen protector was put on the phone by Samsung or that cases aren't made that cover the phones camera. 

I now have to pay $130 to fix the glass at ifixit. I'm extremely disappointed and after I fix it I'm returning it to bestbuy and buying an iPhone 11 max . I never thought I would see the day where a sumsung phone would make me feel this way.  What a shame samsung.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Worst phone i've ever had

First they sell glass protectors for your camera lens on Amazon go buy one, second buy a good case i recommend spigen though armor cases they've never failed me, third you should have bought insurance for the 1500$ phone that you just got its dumb to have something that expensive and fragile in your pocket all day without it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here. Man Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

You shouldn't have to pay to fix it samung should replace it at no charge.. I've owned every galaxy phone there is and when my phone screen cracked or scratched by having it in my pocket or something so small that it cracks the screen I have had samsung replace it since its a screen defect.. same when I bought my iPhone 11 2 days of use and it was Hella scratched just by having it in my pocket no coins or nails.. compared to my other iPhone with no screen protector and not one scratch was on it and in my pocket Apple replaced the screen that same day I took it in

Astronaut

I had several galaxy phones. My screen broke once but only because I dropped it and the bus runs over lol. I pay the 11.99 a month for insurance for this 20 ultra. If it breaks i get a new one. Peace of mind no stress. This phone is to expensive to not take advantage of the insurance. Anyways its the best phone I've ever had. Yes there are auto focus issues but I am sure with future updates that will be fixed. But I understand your situation I would be really upset if my phone broke especially so soon after purchase..Good luck!