JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wrong keylayout mapping for Playstation DualSense Controller

(Topic created: 02-22-2022 02:19 PM)
carvalhopatrick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

After updating my phone (S20 FE / SM-G780G) to OneUI 4 / Android 12, I couldn't use my Playstation DualSense controller properly with the phone anymore.

Some of the keybindings for it are completely wrong. For instance, when I press "triangle" I get the action mapped to "L1" in game. "X" gives me the action for "circle", etc. Worst of all, the right analog stick axis is mapped to L2 and R2 triggers, while the L2 and R2 are mapped to right analog axis.

After investigating the issue, I've found that the keylayout file for the controller is wrong. The file is located at /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_054c_Product_0ce6.kl

To conclude that it's wrong, I've compared the keycodes the controller generates when it's plugged in to my PC to those mapped to the file. The mismatched mappings are consistent to the faults I'm experiencing.

I hope this will get fixed in future patches. As far as I have searched, this is an issue affecting many Samsung phones on Android 12.

22 Replies
carvalhopatrick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Digging a little bit more, I've found this issue from a frustrated developer who also noticed broken behavior of the controller in his Galaxy S10 after updating. Instead of implementing the newer Android 12 DualSense drivers with support for features like Gyro and touchpad, Samsung actually broke everything related to the controller. Now we don't have the advanced features, neither the basic functionality. 

As it's visible in the link, the problem is not present in AOSP Android 12. 

userqqHLEEOUcI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The Dualsense does not work with the PS Remote Play app on Android 11.

JPLC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It looks like the "incorrect DualSense mapping" aspect has moved into a different issue.

For what it's worth, I can confirm that I am also experiencing the incorrect DualSense mappings on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (model number SM-G781W, Canadian).

JPLC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It looks like a potential fix might be in development. Hopefully this leads to some kind of solution.

Decarion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Got an update to oneUI 4.1 today. Mappings are still broken, but in another way. And i've installed gamepad tester app with 2 different types of testing for dualshock/dualsense controllers. And on 2nd type it works fine! Now the problem is, how to switch device to 2nd type bindings :C

userqqHLEEOUcI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for raising awareness for the Dualsense button mapping issue. Any chance Samsung will fix this? I really want to play PS5 via remote play on my Note 20 Ultra...

userFgVlBwRLec
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello SAMSUNG, when are you going to fix this!!??!!
userxh6MtcUHSk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Also experiencing this issue on my Galaxy Tab S7+

userYzHR1PGxmP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The issue is on Galaxy Note 20 too, any fix soon??