cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

all the browsers installed on this phone just freeze

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is going on with this phone. Its constantly freezing when browsing. Most of time when I close the Google chrome browser and open it again is start working. I tried to use the Samsung Internet browser but it worse even frozen on the Samsung two step verification and cannot proceed further because the screen is unresponsive... Doesn't matter 5G,4G, Wifi signal. Also the fingerprint reader is terrible and the battery life is big disappointment. Please don't buy this phone if you planing to use more than camera. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: all the browsers installed on this phone just freeze

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello 

As I said in my previous post. It's not network related this problem. After many tries I found solution of the problem. When I switched from 120 Hz 

to 60 Hz refresh rate my screen no more freeze already 2 days. That worked for me. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You just don't know what you are doing before you be critical why not youtube the problem.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for efforts to reply to this comment. Last 10 years I aways used to have the latest galaxy's immediately after they have been announced. And believe me I know what I am doing it's just freezing and need software improvement this model especially. Doesn't matter the powerful hardware. I will accept your critic on my critical review if you post real practical solution here to be helpful to others like m

e. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userbI8Fx7VtIR 

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone. Are you also having problems with apps loading as well? I don't know what social media apps you have where you can see if videos or pictures are loading or not. 2 days ago I was having issues with my mobile data not loading internet and couldn't play online games or videos. When I called my service provider, they said it was because my phone keeps searching for 5G signal and service is spotty in some areas and for me to try switching my settings to LTE and not 5G. So I did that and it worked, but I live in an area that supposedly is a full 5G area. So I tried resetting my network, and that worked getting me back to 5G. I don't know what happened that made it stop working but it's working now.

So, if you haven't tried already, definitely try resetting your network (settings->general management->reset->reset network settings)

Now, this will not only reset your mobile network, it will reset your WiFi and Bluetooth back to default. So you will need to re-enter your saved WiFi networks, passwords, sync'd devices, etc... But if this works to fix your connection issue, it's definitely worth it. Hope this helps!

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello 

This is great suggestion but I believe the problem is not Internet (network) related because the entire screen became unresponsive even cannot scroll the page or select text to copy for example. Only the home button and task switcher is responsive during the freeze. When I switch from the browser to another app that use Internet data as mobile banking, Google maps or waze they working properly. I use only 4G,3G in the network settings in order to avoid searching for still rare 5G. Probably factory reset is the only one option left but if I start again from scratch to setup everithing is not a option for me even using the backup is headache. Better to switch to more reliable device for now because I don't use my device for fun and social. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, have you tried clearing the app cache and data for your internet apps? Then uninstalling/reinstalling the apps? So for example Chrome browser, you would go to settings->apps->Chrome->storage->clear cache, clear data

But before doing a factory reset, even though you think it maybe a long shot, I would try resetting your network settings. It really won't hurt to try, and a lot less work than starting from scratch with a factory reset.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello 

As I said in my previous post. It's not network related this problem. After many tries I found solution of the problem. When I switched from 120 Hz 

to 60 Hz refresh rate my screen no more freeze already 2 days. That worked for me. 

View solution in original post