cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: any issues with the S20 proximity sensor like the S10 had??

How did you get Samsung to refund your money for the S10 phone, I have had the exact same issue with Samsung Galaxy S10+, hanging up because my ear puts callers on mute, hangs up on them, because the screen won't shut off. They just keep sending me replacement phones that have the exact same issue.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi! I literally exchanged about 6 phones total....a couple at AT&T within their exchange period and then at least 4 more directly with Samsung. I finally asked for a refund saying I was so frustrated and done with exchanging phones that all had the same exact problem. It was then escalated. I was within my year warranty that they offer with their phones.  I really want to try the S20, but am afraid to have the same problem! All I can find so far is that they have the same proximity sensor as the S10's, but not sure if any adjustments were made to the S20 model.  I have always loved my galaxy's until the S10 problems! Good luck!! I hope you are able to get a refund!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the s20 plus and am having the same issue every time I make or receive a phone call. I have checked the sensor using *#77692# and the sensor works great but when making calls it doesn't activate at all. Am tired of the flashlight turning on or other settings being turned off. One time my phone was muted and I didn't catch it for a while. Ended up missing a call I was waiting for. About to take the phone back. Spent too much time trying to figure this out!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issues.  I keep finding the torch on after calls or the phone is muted.  I have hung up on people and muted calls as well.  It is driving me crazy! It always passes the test as per above post but in calls it doesn't work.  The sensor settings are sentitive enough that I only need to put it near my face in test mode to trigger it so it seems the phone does not switch it on when in a call.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've been having the same issue on my s20 for a few months, driving me crazy.  Very unprofessional to invite a client to video chat with my inner ear mid call.

I had no issues the first few months, it possibly a result of an update?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just sent my Galaxy S20 5G back for this issue. Screen activating every other call, and the haptic feedback. So doen't look like it's been fixed.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the s20FE and the proximity sensor is very unreliable. Every 10th time I move aor put phone back to my ear, it will not inactivate the screen. Hung up on my mom 4 times yesterday. Same thing a few days before.