JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

app icon badges not working for phone and messages

(Topic created: 02-17-2023 01:39 PM)
Quasar1266587
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

app icon badges not working for phone and messages.

I followed all the recommended steps. "App icon badges" are all set to ON. in the apps and in the settings.  Neither phone nor messaging appear in the sleeping apps or deep sleeping apps.

Last week I did a factory reset and it did work after that for a short while. 
I use an A12 phone but is basically the same as a "S"xx.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Quasar1266587
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I figured out why the app icon badge wasn't working. 'Launcher' must be enabled.

In settings > apps > search for Special Access or tap the 3 dots > tap Special Access and select it, scroll down to Notification Access and select it. Scroll down to your default launcher. (on the A12 phone it's shown as "Launcher").

Toggle it on. Done..

Here's what is strange: In Settings" > "special access" > "change system settings", 'Launcher' remains toggled off here. But the icon badge still works!

View solution in context

2 Replies
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I am also not receiving notifications sounds or the icon in the task tray. Started a couple of days after the android 13 update
0 Likes
Solution
Quasar1266587
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I figured out why the app icon badge wasn't working. 'Launcher' must be enabled.

In settings > apps > search for Special Access or tap the 3 dots > tap Special Access and select it, scroll down to Notification Access and select it. Scroll down to your default launcher. (on the A12 phone it's shown as "Launcher").

Toggle it on. Done..

Here's what is strange: In Settings" > "special access" > "change system settings", 'Launcher' remains toggled off here. But the icon badge still works!