Highlighted
Astronaut

camera failing

Camera says Camera failed and won't work
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: camera failing

might have another app trying to open/use the camera simultaneously, I've had this before and I rebooted and haven't gotten it since
Highlighted

Go into settings>apps>camera app. Clear the camera app cache/data, turn phone off then back on.

Highlighted
Constellation

I can't believe how wide spread the Samsung Galaxy "camera failed to open" issue is. Its reported all over the internet. There are multiple YouTube videos about how to fix it none of which are permanent fixes. If your lucky one of the recommended methods will work temporarily, but the camera eventually fails again. Its been reported against multiple Galaxy models as well. Clearing the camer app cache doesn't work, neither does clearing the system cache partition, neither does booting in safe mode. My S10 plus camera is also having this issue. I'm very disappointed.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.