JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

camera flash blurry and blue

(Topic created: 07-15-2020 08:34 PM)
userYPq7QxvSg4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

main camera flash on my Samsung galaxy s20 is shooting photos and videos blurry blue. You can't see anything. I don't understand what's wrong with it. The flash light is working properly but i try to use it in camera app it shoots blurry blue photos and videos. Can someone help me? 

usersutWDpidek
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi did you get a response or a fix for this please? I'm having the same problem! 

0 Likes
userYPq7QxvSg4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately not

0 Likes
Solution
userUy8s8hzXDl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

If you have a lens protector on that might be the issue. Was having the same issue blue fuzzy pics with flash. Took the lens protector off and no fuzzy blue pics. Hope this helps 

View solution in context

userYPq7QxvSg4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks alot. It was because of lens protector.  I removed it and everything is fine now.

userAJgNZR11Kv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Problem solved! I had the same problem too. Before I haven't put the lens protector on, I was able to record clear video with flash. I didn't came to notice the foggy flash until this one night I was about to record video of my kids and guess what, "Foggy video!" I was so shocked I search the whole internet how to fix this problem. But I came to no solution so I decided to check my lens protector and wipe off the dust. I even restarted my phone but nothing fixed. Staring and thinking for such a long time, I finally came to this conclusion to take out the lens protector even it won't stick perfectly anymore. And to my surprise, Yes it was the lens protector. So if you want a clear night video with flash, take out your lens protector. I know it stupid but yeah. Flash with lens protector on with photo is fine but for some reason it wouldn't work for video. Hope this helps you. What a relief!

0 Likes
userXSmdZFVTCy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks very much for this.  I had forgotten that I put a lens protector on and could not understand why I was having the issue.  Removed and all good.  Appreciate it!

@userUy8s8hzXDl wrote:

If you have a lens protector on that might be the issue. Was having the same issue blue fuzzy pics with flash. Took the lens protector off and no fuzzy blue pics. Hope this helps 

0 Likes
Mikeso3691
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
it was the lens cover, I was getting so aggravated. None of my pictures and video were getting the detail I expected when I bought it, So thanks for everyone's help this improved night video and regular video and pictures during the day.
userMS4jGFaQ2d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Good day user6XYasVFHWe, can you tell me how you removed the lens cover?  I have this problem with my a20, the only way I see to do this is to actually take apart the phone is this correct?  This is a very bad design as you know, my A51 and my Galaxy Grand 2 has no problem like this, why the flash on these phones with this lens cover does this is a mystery.  Thanks, Joe

0 Likes
userMS4jGFaQ2d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Just FYI, I tried the camera reset in settings again and this time it worked no more washed out pictures when using the flash.

0 Likes
userv3DMTcEOT4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Is there a true fix yet ie a protector that works? (s20fe) 

Why Samsung thinks it's a good idea to protrude the camera so it's vulnerable to scratches is beyond me it's a crazy design 

0 Likes