cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

camera glitch when using video chating apps

my s20 ultra's front camera always freezes when I try to video call someone using apps like wechat using 4G data, but only freezes sometimes when I use wifi. switching it to the back camera when it freezes usually solves the problem but when using 4G data it freezes after 30 secs ish...

not sure if it's the apps problem because i tried other apps and similar problem also occur, and i tried restoring the phone to it's factory setting the problem still exists.

hope if any knows what I can do to solve it if people run into similar problem or should I wait for the next update?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: camera glitch when using video chating apps

Are you experiencing these symptoms with all apps or specific apps?

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data for your apps?

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Do you experience these symptoms with any of your stock apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

stock app and skype seems to work fine, it's just third party apps that has the issue, not sure of it's a compatibilityissue or a hardware one, and I tried to restore the phone and erase all data, the issue remains

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were you able to complete all troubleshooting steps in the previous post?

Have you made sure all third-party apps are up to date that's experiencing this issue? 

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and see if that helps any.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just to throw in that I am experiencing the same exact symptoms using WeChat 7.0.12, also on the S20 Ultra (SM-G988B QP1A.190711.020.G988BXXU1ATCH).

The front camera runs for a few seconds then freezes on a frame. Switching cameras back and forth allows it to resume, before freezing again after a few seconds.

I basically have not been able to use the front camera for video chats over a few seconds. The stock camera app has no issues.

The app has been locked in memory and battery optimisation disabled.

All apps and Android are up to date, troubleshooting steps completed, no resolution. I suspect some sort of aggressive power or data saving mode is responsible, but cannot find any further options available.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

have you since resolve the problem? i just got new updates for both wechat and the phone, but the problem still remain.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have exactly thesame problem, my s10 Plus was fine but my s20 Ultra has this issue.  Specifically my video freezes when making/receiving a video call in wechat intermittently, the other person's video runs fine.  Video will run for an inconsistent period of time before it freezes someitmes immediately, sometimes after 20 seconds.  switching the camera to rrar camera andback again fixes it but the problem starts again straight away.

I have deleted and reinstalled wechat, changed battery settings and tried different video settings.  No improvement.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, same issue came to my S20 5G ultra,  have you solve your phone problem yet ?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just a quick update, I note tried on wifi and it worked perfected for an extended period.  Problem came back as soon as I was on 4g.  Not sure if that helps diagnose the problem or not.  Problem doesn't occur on WhatsApp 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? both wechat and oneui on my device is up to date but i still have the problem.