cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

close up pics terrible

Is there any way to set the s20 camera to take close up pics? The only way I seem to be able to take a close up of ANYTHING is to get my iPhone out and take a closeup and send it to my s20, really sorta socks when a 400 dollar iPhone takes MUCH better close up than a 1000 dollar Sammy phone,  S20 closeups are NEVER in focus always blurry. Maybe an update for the camera is in order?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: close up pics terrible

The Galaxy S20 Plus appears to have the same focus failure that the Ultra had. I understand that Samsung released a fix for the Ultra problem, but no such fix for the S20 Plus (nor the S20 I assume). The camera refuses to focus if you're within a foot 1/2 of the subject and it is 100% exasperating. Waiting for it to focus yields nothing, it acst like it's trying to focus but never does. I've tried trying to trick it into focusing by shifting my angle or moving around, which is tedious, often messes up the composition of my shot, and shouldn't be necessary. Tonight I looked online and found that there are hundreds of S20 and S20 Plus owners across tons of different forums who are having this exact same problem; I don't know why Samsung hasn't released a fix for these phones as they did for the Ultra. Really surprising that their flagship phone with the much touted new camera would be released with such a failure, and no fix released by Samsung. I never had problems with my Galaxy S9 Plus camera, too bad I traded that one in. I'm downloading another camera app tonight and will stop using the native S20 Plus camera. I've had enough of being frustrated. 

Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: close up pics terrible

There's no fix because there's no fault, large sensors such as these phones have, have an extremely small focal point, not good for close up / macro, as already explained numerous times by Samsung and other reviewers, and the phone itself was updated to suggest, switch to x2 zoom for those shots and move the phone back a bit.