Original topic:

dark mode stuck on certain apps

(Topic created: 11-13-2021 11:22 AM)
teesweet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
galaxy s20...

dark mode is stuck on my messages app and my settings app.

my settings app is set to switch between dark/light mode at sunset/sunrise. no other apps have a dark mode issue, only the messages and settings apps are stuck in a constant dark mode.

are there any solutions for this? as this is recent issue, they both used to switch modes as dictated by the settings.

also, my messages app does not have an "enable dark mode" setting (like i saw on some youtube videos)

any suggestions/help is appreciated.
0 Likes
5 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Try turning off the schedule and turn dark mode off (or on if it's not enabled). Restart the device and re-enable the scheduling. Hopefully this resets the "switch" in the system.

A handful of issues I face are with automated tasks.
teesweet
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you for the suggestion... it makes sense. however, this did not work for me.

i agree that there is another setting conflicting (or overriding) the light/dark setting, within my messages & setting apps... just gotta find it. yet and still all other apps are working properly.

any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Alixxx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just want to know how I can send a picture in my photo album to one of my contacts
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, @Alixxx !

You can send a photo by opening your messages with your contact in mind!

In the bottom left, you'll see a gallery icon. Tap that, and look for the photo you want to send! After you select the photo, you can tap the send button (it looks like a paper airplane).

Hope this helps.Screenshot_20211113-114431_Messages_58699.png
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

To the OP: submit error report to Samsung Members and see if the samsung engineer can help figure out what the issue is.

0 Likes