JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

dual messenger facebook app SD card access

(Topic created: 01-07-2021 10:06 AM)
Sabalilulu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Anyone having issues with the dual messenger apps? I'm unable to access any files that's on my SD card only internal photos and videos. Didn't have this issue until I upgraded to ui 3.0
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userhm0FCVF3JB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Nope. Uninstalled both copies of FB and Messenger. Dual/ second app still has no access to SD card. And, even more annoyingly, the default gallery in the main app is no longer the gallery where my most recent pictures are stored. No idea how to change that. 😡

I don't know if this is a FB issue or if it's Samsung, but either way, it's **bleep**.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Orko
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having this issue as well.

Updated today, 

The main Messenger app will see all my photos on my phone as it did before.

The Dual Messenger app will only access the photos on my phone, not the photos on my SD Card (I happen to be saving all new photos for the camera roll to the sd card)

I have looked through permissions etc, reset the app, turned off and on dual messenger, nothing will allow the SD card to be read.

Help

0 Likes
Orko
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am on a Note 10 Plus actually.  But same issue

0 Likes
userhm0FCVF3JB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem on S10e—started today. Two days ago I had an OTA system update, but don't know if it was related because I was able to access them last night (posted a pic on FB from that account before I went to bed, now can't access that pic if I wanted to repost). I've checked every permission I can think of. Second FB account and second Messenger account can't/won't/don't access ANY photos on SD card. Since the secondary accts are actually the ones I primarily use, it's annoying as heck (since I'm apparently not allowed to use the other word). 

Haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the second copy of the app, but I'm about to do that... hoping it works. If not I'll switch my accounts, but that's a bandaid that doesn't actually fix the issue. 

0 Likes
Solution
userhm0FCVF3JB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Nope. Uninstalled both copies of FB and Messenger. Dual/ second app still has no access to SD card. And, even more annoyingly, the default gallery in the main app is no longer the gallery where my most recent pictures are stored. No idea how to change that. 😡

I don't know if this is a FB issue or if it's Samsung, but either way, it's **bleep**.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user13013T9sd0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Having same problem after updating today. Was able to access sd storage in dual messenger apps (telegram and WhatsApp) before but not now.

Reinstalling app does not help. 

Any solution?

Thanks in advance. 

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes