Original topic:

help

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 6:38 AM)
lLaney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just switched from apple to Samsung.  First of all my photos are not showing up many white boxes like 400. My ringtone choices to add are my voice-mail, everything I update my settings change. I have gone to AT&T store 3 times. Help. I looked up on YouTube and connected both phones to my pc to get photos and got some but lots of weird things happening. Do I need to reset phone and start over. Help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You will only need to download smart switch on your Samsung device. I would recommend following the steps in this link to help you transfer your data from your old device. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/switch-to-galaxy/iphone/

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
did you use Samsung smart switch?
0 Likes
lLaney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes. but I was missing so many photos and let things download for 2 days...I decided to search YouTube for help. I think connecting my iPhone and samsung laptop messed things up. I dragged Dcmi folder from Apple to samsung. sounded good but think a mistake. should I reset samsung and start over
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

If your data is still on the iPhone I would recommend restarting your new galaxy device and using the Smart Switch application instead of the laptop. That way you shouldn't lose any of your personal data. If the data isn't still on the iPhone we may need to get a little creative with how to resolve this. 

For your ringtones, how did you get them? Were they also transferred from the iPhone or did you download them using an app on your Galaxy device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
lLaney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I do still have iPhone with everything on it. yes. do I download smart switch on iPhone. my ringtobe was from Amazon music
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You will only need to download smart switch on your Samsung device. I would recommend following the steps in this link to help you transfer your data from your old device. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/switch-to-galaxy/iphone/

View solution in context

0 Likes
lLaney
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you so much for your help. you are so kind
0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You are most welcome, thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

0 Likes
Mega01
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Resetting your phone and starting over ,.,just like you said in the end...that would work...