JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

how to disable mcafee device protection on S20 FE?

(Topic created: 02-23-2021 12:08 AM)
jdjdjd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I accidentally turned on the mcafee device protection in the device care. I am not interested in using this service, so I woild like to deactivate it. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s20 FE 5g.

I have tried clearing the data in device care and have looked for device protections as some googlefu recommended, but none of it worked. 

I am on One UI 3.0.
3 Replies
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Try this:

Go to Settings > Apps >  Go down right  side...across from "your apps" and click on 3 horizontal lines;      Select Show System Apps, click ok at bottom > Device SECURITY (not Care) and then wipe data!

Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

userfptWpQ5NJa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
doesn't work on s21 ultra
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/23/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes