cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

how to find a cable for android auto?

I have a 2019 Jeep Renegade car which has Android Auto play but I cannot connect to it wirelessly, only though USB cords. The cable that came with my phone isn't a usb cord and it is like built into the adapter plug in so I can't even remove it.

Anyone have a USB cable that works for their Samsung S20 for androit auto play? I am trying to find one but not sure if they are gonna work...
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: how to find a cable for android auto?

The S20 comes with a USB C to USB C cable.

I'm guessing what you need is a USB C to USB A cable like this one https://www.amazon.com/Anker-2-Pack-Premium-Charging-Samsung/dp/B07DC5PPFV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=291EJ10BQ...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: how to find a cable for android auto?

you might wanna look into that connecting to android auto wireless a little bit more. are you paired to your jeep radio by Bluetooth. if so check your radio settings and make sure all connections to your phone is checked. like make sure calls is checked, contacts is checked, music is checked and so on. and do the same thing on your phone under Bluetooth connections make sure all tabs that is connected to your radio is checked. because sometimes when I connect to a radio or Bluetooth speaker either music is not checked or working or calls isn't working. and it's all due to the connection tab isn't on
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: how to find a cable for android auto?

I did do this. In my car's owner manual it says connect Android Auto Play with a USB cord. i have all the permissions allowed on my phone and car. It just lets me play sound from my phone with the blue tooth but isn't supporting Android Auto Play which would let me use Maps and spotify on my car.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: how to find a cable for android auto?

<edit> I haven't used Android auto in a long time. I deleted it because it sensor i was driving and automatically kicked on. which I didn't like. I wanna use more then calls and maps while driving. I like looking at YouTube videos while I'm driving or texting. Android auto forbids that. but I see your point. like @LongHiker said a usb to your radio would be your best option. I see other people with Android auto thru Google app store comments is having same problem