Original topic:

icons in app folders

(Topic created on: 1/2/21 5:56 AM)
VanAwful
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Just installed the Jan 2021 update. Noticed no changes in UI 3 except for app folders. It changed the layout of apps in folder to 3 wide by 4 high. This leaves HUGE gaps of empty space between the icons and in some of my folders I now have to scroll to a second screen. WHY!? 

I can not find any setting to allow me to change the icon layout in folders. Anyone know if this is possible?
6 Replies
samsBUN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I think it should be in ur home screen setting If there's no lock on it just long press on emty space
0 Likes
VanAwful
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
nope, that only gives access to the home screen grid and apps grids. neither one changes the folder grid.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I haven't even gotten the 12-29 update yet. Sigh.
0 Likes
VanAwful
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have not yet seen any difference other than the folder icon grid. May take time to see if any difference in battery usage.
0 Likes
uservLNHOVeGfj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, this isn't the first time some clueless UI developer randomly decided that people want maximum empty space in their folders for no reason whatsoever. They need to make it customizable, or change it to mirror the layout on the home screen. People don't buy gigantic phones so they can stare at empty space. They buy them to spend minimal time scrolling through pages looking for stuff.

userCG9LtIzePn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue. Can't find a resolution. This is why you don't hire iPhone devs to work on androids. Give me my icon spacing options back! 

0 Likes