Original topic:

issues after last update

(Topic created on: 12/21/20 2:25 PM)
usernuuXHWryd4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello,

I'm having problems with my s20 after the update, I even no how to explain this.

When I'm using apps like maps or YouTube they minimize themselves like pop-up but start to blinks, open and close, freeze the functions .
I got no idea how to explain but I'm about to make this phone fly by the window.

Help:loudly_crying_face:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition since the recent update?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

View solution in context

7 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

One thing you can try is uninstalling the apps that are giving you problems and then re-installing them... that might help.

If it's doing this with all apps, you might try a factory reset... That will solve any problem. Of course you have to go through hassle of reloading your info to your phone.   Good luck.

0 Likes
holly12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've noticed problems too, messenger, you used to be able to hit the pop up and it would take you to the message, now it freezes my screen and I have to restart
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition since the recent update?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

View solution in context

usernuuXHWryd4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thanks that worked:beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:
0 Likes
usernuuXHWryd4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
wipe cache worked.
But after 3 days happens again...
I wiped again and worked agian.
Now I'm on this loop every 2, 3 days.
if I have to stop while I'm using the phone and do this why should i stay with Samsung?
My girlfriend have a iphone and don't have any of this problems.
I thought I would never say that but I'll give up a samsung after 10 years using Galaxy phones
0 Likes
JoseOrozco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Dude I hate this update. It messed everything up. And samsung doesn't fix. It's crap they expect us to factory reset like it won't take ages to configure everything back. And no Samsung. Don't give me your dumb suggestions. FIX THE PROBLEM

0 Likes
JoseOrozco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Literally having the problem rn when my youtube video closed because I was about to type. It's frustrating and if these guys don't fix it soon this will be the first and last samsung device I get. Shows how much they care about fixing a problem they're well aware off. I "upgraded" from a 6s to have to put up with this bs and samsung bs little temp fix suggestions
0 Likes